Results of our survey

Hi, I'm Mizuki.
Today, I'm going to talk about the results of our survey.

We got 63 responses.



About 40% of the respondents agreed with the idea of conversion therapy and about 60% of them said disagreed.

Here's some reasons why they agreed with conversion therapy
"I think it's OK if they are ready to take risk."
"I think people should follow their assigned gender."

Here's some reasons why they disagreed with conversion therapy
"We cannot change our sexuality because it's not what we could choose, but what we were given."
"It's human rights violation."

 
Then, we asked them "Do you think people can change their sexuality? Why? Why not?"

45% of the respondents said Yes and 55% of the respondents said No.

Here's a response from people who answered Yes.
"Because people are socially constructed. People change or notice their sexual orientations depending on people they interact or meet."

Here's some responses from people who answered No.
"I think people could hide their sexuality, but can't change. Can people change who you love because others say not to? Absolutely NO."
"It is what we were given."




Then, I asked them " Have you ever watched any movies related to conversion therapy? If you have watched, please state name of the movie and tell us your impression"
Only 11% of the respondents said Yes.
They watched "Boy Erased", "Lady Bird", "Blue is the warmest color."
Their impressions are
"I was really surprised that so many people have been subjected to conversion therapy."
"It was kind of scared to watch, but it was really informative."
 "It really touched me and I think watching movies related to LGBT issues is a really good way to know about them and their difficulties."


Opinion

From Mizuki
Through this survey, I noticed that many people misunderstand about LGBT people even though they are not homophobic. Therefore, in order to stop discrimination against LGBT people, I think it is really important to provide proper information about LGBT people.

From Chihiro
I realized there is not enough recognition of LGBT issue in Japan and this is one of the delayed situations compared to other countries. I got many knowledge of this issue from films and dramas so I would like to spread the recognition by the same way as I experienced. Since streaming service became popular, that way is not difficult because we can access to a number of  works anytime on our devices.

コメント

人気の投稿